Friday, May 30, 2008

Have You Ever Wondered?

In case you were wondering what Belgian bike path tastes like, it's really not good. I took a bite on the way to the kermis Wednesday and went straight to the hospital. Talk about stupid crashes. I got taken out by my own teammate! I can't blame him entirely because he's new to Belgium and these bike paths can be confusing to the new arrival. It was a case of mis-communication and unfamiliarity with the roads. Unfortunately my face broke my fall and stitches were the result. The real disappointment was that I was unable to race and now I'm bruised up a week before the stage race in Spain. So I'm trying to rest, heal, and prepare the best I can for 5 hard days of racing in Spain. On the bright side, no broken bone and no broken bike. Next time I'll take a bite of waffle instead.
My face has been attracted to pavement for as long as I can remember.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that is definitely a "character" scar!

Anonymous said...

buddy, ya gotta stay on your bike.
BA