Thursday, May 1, 2008

Hoboken, No jokin'

Seeing as how I raced for 185km today, this will be short. Meiprijs, the prize of May, a UCI 1.2 was today. Mad props go out to Aaron Pool who had the ride of the day, being off the front for around 160km and getting 11th on the day! Nice. The race was a flat 185km with some cobblestones and a lot of nasty weather. Rain, wind, sun... and repeat. My day was a series of ups and downs, mostly aligned with the weather. I was shivering at 3 hours in but by the time we got to the local laps (3x12km) my legs had opened up and I was feeling good. I even attacked in the last lap of 12km. No dice. Sitting in the top 20... 5km to go... Flat! I figured my day was over, but I chased like hell nonetheless. Apparently I had decent legs after 183km because I caught the peloton! What do you know? I was cashed after that and the peloton was strung out. Rolled over the line in 84th. Bummer.

Still no results from Affligem. Next on the sched is 4 days of stage racing in France (May 8-11).

No comments: