Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Do I sound like Wenzel?

What do you do on the morning of a kermis race? Yes, it may sound odd to Americans that the races here are in the afternoons. No 5am pre-race meals here. I guess it's more spectator friendly when the race isn't at the crack of dawn, and you know how much Belgians love their bike races! So if my race doesn't start until 3pm, what do I do all morning? I could go for a short spin... but we're riding to the race today so the day on the bike will be long enough. Rest, yes. Hydrate, yes. Read, bingo. East of Eden by Steinbeck... really enjoying it. I'll stop now since I'm steppin' on the turf of Scott Wenzel, pro book blogger.

Weather is looking good for this afternoon and I haven't raced in a while so I'm pumped. Hopefully I feel like superman today.

No comments: