Friday, May 11, 2007

Rainy Days

My past four days of training have been in the rain and I'm getting quite good at picking the worst time of the day to train. On Wednesday I put off my ride until the afternoon in the hopes that the weather would clear and the roads would dry. Just when the roads were drying I left for my training and sure enough it began to pour. The last 2 days I've gone out training quite early with the attitude of "just getting it over with" and of course I've ridden in the rain and the weather has been great in the afternoon! I get home soaked and dirty, quickly hose the bike and rain cape, shower, and do laundry. Then I eat lunch and watch the sun come out! I've convinced myself that I'm saving all of my luck for my next race, which is Circuit Wallonie, on Sunday. It's a big UCI in the southern part of the country (which is very hilly) and the competition should be tough. I'm feeling good and looking forward to it.

In other Cycling Center News, Steven Van Vooren placed 10th in the first stage of a 4 day race in the Normandy region of France. The stage stage race ends on Sunday.

No comments: