Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Laarne Kermis

Well, it was nice to get back on the kermis scene. I raced well but unfortunately did not finish. I was feeling good for the first half of the race but it was as if my legs just turned off after that. The field was very large because this was the only midweek kermis in Flanders. I think there were about 150 starters. I made the lead group of 16 on the first lap and that was pretty much the race. The top 10 came from that group. Unfortunately I wasn't there for the finish, but I know on a good day I could finish with that group. It's disappointing to think about that but I also need to stay positive. I raced well, I raced hard, I was where I need to be. I've only been here a week! things will only get better as I continue to adjust and get over the jet lag. I don't quite feel as good as I did on the bike 2 weeks ago in MI. So I'm confident good things will come. Plenty of racing to come, too. There are 3 UCIs: Saturday, Sunday, and Monday and I'll do one of them for sure.

Thanks for checkin in! Vince

No comments: