Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I don't know my own strength

Things have been good since my last post. The weather hasn't cooperated but training has been going well nonetheless. I don't feel like I have a lot to report on since I haven't raced in a couple weeks. The last training race was cancelled due to snow! Only in MI... and maybe Belgium. The one exciting/ scary moment I had was on a training ride when I was doing some sprint efforts. Check it out:


Yes, those are my handlebars. snapped a few cm's from the stem. They are not very old and although they have a funky shape I think the true reason they broke is this:


Well, I'm just lucky I didn't go down. All I can say is the ride home was the longest I've ever ridden one handed.

I'll be in Belgium in less than a week now. Lots of loose ends to tie up this week. Check ya later.

No comments: