Thursday, April 10, 2008

Plane Legs

Trying to overcome a minor case of plane legs. Symptoms include heavy legs, pedaling squares, feeling blocked, and overall tightness. The cure to P.L. is pretty simple: ride and stretch. That's what I've done the past two days and I'm starting to feel better. I think I'll be back to 100% by the weekend.

My bike and body arrived in Belgium yesterday without problem. It was actually one of the most stress free travel days I've ever endured. Practice makes perfect, I guess. My objective in the next week is to settle in to a routine and prepare for my first big race on the 20th. A kermis before then is highly likely, but I would have a training-type approach to the race. That's the news for now. The sun has stalked me across the Atlantic, but I'm a happy victim. 50s and sun. Nice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yo dude! just finished the Alchemist. Great book! Hope all is well over in the mother land.

Vince Roberge said...

Good to hear. I read "River of Doubt" when I was in MI. I'd say it was successful trade!