Monday, June 23, 2008

PA

Just yesterday I was in a country where "dunk u wel," "alstublieft," and "speculoos" are the 3 most popular words. Now I'm back in the US of A where "extra-large," "instant," and "24-hour" rank among the top 10. It's both exciting and frightening to be back in America. I'm not quite home and won't be for another week seeing as how I have a job to do before hand. The Tour of Pennsylvania starts tomorrow. 6 days, 7 stages, and a lot of money to be won. The JCBA/ CC Team for the race is made up of Jim Camut, Steven Van Vooren, Peter Horn, Aaron Pool, Dave Nelson, and myself. It's a strong selection and I believe we can do very well.

It's been a while since I've done a race of this scale in the US. In Europe there are UCI races every week, but the the peloton isn't U25 and the language sure isn't English. Needless to say I'm glad to be here in PA, and looking forward to a great week of racing on home turf. I'll note the differences and get back to you. Till then... speculoos!

5 comments:

joe1265 said...

Kill'em Vince!

Zachary Maino said...

Good luck!

Mallen said...

You guys are going to rock it... good luck! I'm pulling for you!

Unknown said...

Proud of your efforts today - watched you on TV - altho we couldn't specifically find you!!! Enjoy the beautiful scenery of our home state - Uncle Raymond and Aunt Chris
p.s. see you in Michigan

Anonymous said...

Where's the TourofPA report????

:)