Thursday, February 14, 2008

Will you be my Valentine?

How does a single, 21- year-old cyclist spend Valentine's Day? Alone... yes... lonely... not quite. I did wake up all by myself... with no alarm clock that is. Had myself a lonely little breakfast as I watched the snow sift from the heavens onto the streets of Boulder. It was then that I realized today would be a lonely day on the rollers. I hopped on the bike and pedaled away but I was going nowhere, all by myself. Oh the tears began to flow as I watched happy couples frolic in the snow outside my window. Tears? No, I guess they were beads of sweat. I was riding quite hard and had, but alas, merely one lonely fan.

I suppose cyclists are used to being alone, some more than others. Long solo training rides and nights spent with the legs up. It seems this sport was designed for the loner. But there are the lucky ones...yes the lucky ones... who have found a woman who supports them in this crazy sport. They put up with all of the traveling, the Saturday nights on the couch, and the constant complaints about fitness, fatigue, and sore legs. Maybe they'll even offer a massage. For me though, this Valentine's day will be spent alone, although not lonely. Oh and for all you young, independently wealthy, extremely attractive, lonely ladies out there (like any would be reading my blog)... I enjoy riding my bike and spending Saturday nights on the couch. Oh, and I don't complain much at all. Drop me a line.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny stuff...I wish I were female, single and independently wealthy!

sandyf said...

man. i suggest you stay away from me for the time being as I seem to be looking for the same thing. gotta increase our odds. you can have the belgies this year, i'll keep combing north america. we can compare notes in a year.

Doug said...

Check out triathlon and running, there is a lot of cute chicks in those sports. But some of them also have big egos and their nose in the air.