Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Tour of Antwerp, August 9-12

Four days of racing with 2 double days. It all begins tomorrow with a 4km prologue and an afternoon road stage. On Friday, we have a morning road stage and an afternoon team time trial. I'm looking forward to the TTT. It's not often you get the chance do do one and we have a team full of good time trialists. Hopefully we can get a good result. Saturday and Sunday are both road races and I think one of those days is on a hilly course which is not even in the province of Antwerp. The Tour of Antwerp will likely be my last big race in Belgium this year. I leave on the 21st, so after Antwerp I'll recover and do a kermis or two before packing it up. I'm looking forward to the next 4 days and believe a good result is entirely possible. I've done this race before so I know some of the courses and I know what to expect. My bike is clean and my form is good... now all that's left to do is race.

1 comment:

mlovejoy said...

Good luck Vince. Give em hell!
Mark L.