Friday, August 17, 2007

It's that time of year

The Cycling Center is clearing out. Only 8 North Americans remain and 4 are leaving next week... including myself. It's a strange time and I have to say it's not my favorite. All the big races are over and the season has begun to wind down. The plan was to do one last kermis this weekend but I may take my final weekend in Belgium off racing. There's a little bug going around and I would rather travel healthy and rested than tired and sick. Plus, I've had over 10 race days in the last month! Rest is good.

So I get home on Tuesday. I may race the Rockford Criterium on the 25th and I plan on racing Labor Day Weekend too. It's been a good seaon here in Belgium. I've reached a new level in my racing this year and the improvement is clearly visable. On many occasions I was close to good results, but some bad luck got in the way. It will come, as Bernard says.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like the gutter photo....were you on the ground when you took it?