Monday, July 23, 2007

Pre Vlaams

I've been recovering from my mild concussion, scrapes, and bruises with super human efficiency. I feel like I'm just shy of 100% but will be there in time for Vlaams Brabant, a 5 day stage race that starts Wednesday. It never ceases to amaze me how fast a battered body can heal given the proper rest and nutrition. Anyway, my pre Vlaams thoughts are these: If I can race at the level that I was before the crash, a good result is in the cards. I'm also eager to get back into the racing routine and what better way to do that than 5 days of hard racing. Vlaams Brabant is the province around Brussels, so the CC team will be day trippin' it and sleeping in our own beds every night... nice.

Here's the link to the race's website: http://www.rondevanvlaamsbrabant.be/

Today and tomorrow: rest, preparation, and organization so I can be ultra-efficient during the stage race. I'll post some thoughts and short recaps later this week... if possible.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link, Vince.Very helpful. I noticed that Stella Artois is one of the big sponsors, does that mean as you cross the line each day they hand you a beer? Best wishes, Mom

Anonymous said...

hhmmmmm....beeeeer.
go drink a Westmalle for me when you finish the final day!
good luck bud.

BA