Monday, July 16, 2007

1500 meters

Yesterday was one of the best races of my life. A Top Comp race in Willowbroek. It's unfortunate that the result doesn't show it. With less than 5km to go, I was in a group racing for 12th place, 25 seconds behind the lead group of 11. A top 20 was surely attainable. Then with 1500 meters until the line...I crashed. A Davo rider pushed me into the gutter despite my hand taps and yelling. I skipped around and hit the deck hard. 168 km of work out the window. My bike is destroyed, my body scraped and bruised. I'm no longer doing Tour of Liege seeing as how I need both recovery time and a new bike. A lot can happen in 1500 meters! But hey, it could have been worse.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey man i am sorry to hear about your crash but gald to hear you are riding so well. i hope you heal quickly and get back out to kick some ass.

Anonymous said...

Vince, I am so sorry to hear about your crash, that sucks! I know that your attitude will get you through it! I know you'll heal quickly and be out to get that guy!

Hey, I rode the bike you built for me in a race in May in Panama City, FL... It was GREAT! I didn't finish the run... but the bike worked well and I was so happy to have it for the 53 miles.

I hope you are doing well in the EU and having some semblance of fun!

TZ, your happy Barista!

Cool Blog, by the way!