Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Belgium 2005, entry 1

If you clicked on “Vince Roberge,” then you are are at the right spot. I should probably start this dairy with a quick introduction. I don't exactly know how many people will be reading this, but I would guess most of them will know me. For you strangers out there who are just surfing around, my name is Vince Roberge and I'm from Redford, Michigan, which is just outside Detroit. I have been racing my bike for 4 years now and I am 18 years old. I feel like I am one of the luckiest guys here at the Cycling Center because of the opportunity I have to learn and race in Belgium at such a young age. I truly love this sport and am thankful to be at the center of it all here in Europe. I have thank Bernard, Ann, and all of the CC staff for giving me this great opportunity.

Now on to Week 1. I would really like to make my diary unique and fun to read, so I will be doing a lot of lists. Since my entire stay at the Cycling Center revolves around learning, I have decided to title my diary with 3 letters: T.I.L. (Things I Learned) So here we go.

Get in a routine

Stretch a lot

Bring a map on training rides

Avoid large towns on training rides

When you carry a rain cape it doesn't rain (so far)

Get to the start line early

Fight for a good start position

The pace doesn't let up

Watch the fast Belgians

Race smart. Race smart. Race smart.

Eat, drink, eat

"You can always ride harder!", B.A.

Return your #, get 5 euros

Go out and train for another 3 hours.

Thanks for reading. Until next week.

Vince

No comments: